• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • jquery slideshow
  • 5
11 22 33 44 55
jquery slider free download by WOWSlider.com v8.2
     
Photo Gallery
   

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

 
About LES Tyre
 
Contact us
 
 
Planting eternal seeds in young hearts and minds

The story of the work in the historic city of Tyre starts in 1867 when a young student of the school in Beirut spent her long vacation in her home-town. She had taken with her the Bible and her Bible-Study notes and so the work was born. Within two years the cry of the people of Tyre to have an "English" school for their daughters was heard in Beirut and in 1869 the Victoria Augusta school was opened, mainly due to the efforts of Mr. Mentor Mott, brother-in-law of the mission founder, Mrs. Elizabeth Bowen-Thompson.

Over the last 147 years the work has taken on many faces; a boys' school, a girls' school, a blind school, a dispensary and visiting families have been the main ministries. There was much opposition to the work at various times during its history and there were times when it seemed the ministry in this great city would have to cease. However, God's plans are bigger and better than ours and we look back on the past with much gratitude and praise. Read More
 
  Ingiliye Street, Tyre
P.O. Box 258 Tyre, Lebanon
07-740 093
07-343 258
lestyre1869@gmail.com
 
© www.lestyre.org, Inc. All rights reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted.